Jarleth is a Partner in Projects & Construction and Alternative Dispute Resolution. His practice is a mix of both contentious and non-contentious construction, projects and dispute resolution for State, international clients/intermediaries, developer, financial institutions, professional and contractor clients.
Jarleth advises on Irish and international construction and engineering bespoke and standard form agreements (e.g. RIAI, IEI, GCCC, JCT, NEC and FIDIC etc). He also advises on procurement and PPP/PFI.
Jarleth also advises on alternative dispute resolution matters, including conciliation, mediation, adjudication, arbitration construction insolvency issues and rescue financing.
His experience includes advising:
- ESB as its sole legal advisor in relation to the project of its new headquarter building including property development and project finance
- National Paediatric Hospital Development Board on all aspects of development of a complex city centre site including procurement of the new children's hospital, R&D educational facility and offices
- Chartered Land on all aspects of its development portfolio, including its office/retail and theatre facilities at Grand Canal Square, Dublin, and a mixed-use regeneration scheme on O'Connell Street, and dispute resolution issues
- NAMA on significant loan, security and asset management positions they hold and on dispute resolution
Jarleth is also a chartered surveyor with significant experience acquired in asset property management having worked with top tier firms in the United Kingdom. His qualifications include:
- Fellow of RICS and SCSI
- Fellow of CIArb and practising arbitrator: panel arbitrator Ireland, England and Dubai
- Chartered member of CIOB
- CEDR qualified mediator
- Solicitor, Law Society of Ireland and England and Wales - including higher rights of audience
Jarleth Heneghan "is prompt and responsive, and has a great understanding of the business issues. He keeps us out of trouble,” reports a source of Chambers Europe, 2013. He is also described as as “extremely diligent with a fantastic mind: he is timely and creative.”
In Legal 500 EMEA, 2013, Jarleth Heneghan is described as 'insightful’ and ‘extremely diligent’.
Legal 500 EMEA, 2012, reports that Jarleth is a leading individual and described as ‘efficient in dealing with complex contracts' providing a ‘solution focused and excellent service’. Jarleth earns excellent praise from Clients who says ‘he is efficient, prompt, dedicated and commercially aware’, Chambers Europe 2012.
In the 2011 edition of Legal 500 EMEA, Jarleth is described as the standout partner and has an ‘excellent grasp of complex contractual structures'.
Legal 500 EMEA, 2010, praises Jarleth as ‘very well considered and thorough’ and notes that he: 'is rated for his mix of excellent commercial acumen combined with a thorough understanding of the law'. It also praises his ‘excellent attention to detail in complex contracts’, Chambers Europe 2011.