David is a Partner in the Corporate Department and leads the Firm’s Foreign Direct Investment and Life Sciences and Healthcare Groups.
He specialises in transactional M&A, fundraising (both from a company and investor perspective), shareholder arrangements and public listed company work including takeovers and rights issues.
Recent significant transactions include advising:
- BioMarin on its acquisition of a biologics manufacturing facility from Pfiizer in Shanbally, Cork
- Appirio on its acquisition of Saaspoint Limited
- Acting for a major international insurance company on its aborted takeover of Irish Life
- US Bancorp and Elavon Financial Services Limited on the reorganisation of US Bancorp’s European business and the establishment of Elavon as a licensed bank in Ireland
- UPMC in relation to is acquisition of a majority stake in the Beacon Hospital Sandyford
In addition to his core US focus and client base, David leads the firm’s Asia Practice Group and is a former Chairman of the Ireland India Business Association and current director of the Asia Trade Forum.
David is ranked as a leading lawyer by international legal directories such as Legal 500 and PLC Which lawyer?