Andrew is Head of William Fry’s Commercial Property Department. He advises on all types of property development and investment transactions, having particular expertise in forward purchases, joint ventures and income sharing leases; institutional portfolio and tax-driven property investment; retail transactions; sale and leaseback transactions; and syndicate investments using partnership, limited partnership, corporate and co-ownership structures. Andrew is a member of the REIT Forum in Ireland and a regular contributor to national media on property law issues and a frequent speaker at commercial property seminars.
Recent significant work includes advising:
- US Investor on purchase of Alliance Gasworks building Dublin 4, Brooklawn House office building, Dublin 4 and Sandford Lodge apartment complex, Dublin 6
- Aviva Investors on sale of four office blocks in AIB Headquarters, Dublin 4
- Receiver in sale of Smurfit Kappa Headquarters, Dublin 4
- Bank of Ireland in exercise of its break option on former Headquarters Baggot Street, Dublin 4
- Consortium on the acquisition of the Project Prince real estate loan portfolio from Lloyds Bank Plc
- Green Property on its joint venture with Lloyds Bank plc under which Green Property will manage Irish commercial properties put into the receivership process by Bank of Scotland (Ireland)
- Biomarin Inc on the purchase of a biotechnology facility in Ringaskiddy, Cork
Andrew is consistently ranked as a leading lawyer by international legal directories.
Chambers Europe, 2013, Andrew Muckian is described as 'unflappable and practical, and will highlight risks without labouring the point.' Sources of Chambers Europe, 2012, credit Andrew as 'the driving force behind the practice'. In Legal 500 EMEA, 2012, he is widely praised for his ‘overall knowledge and attention to detail’. Chambers Europe, 2011, states 'Andrew Muckian is viewed as one of the key reasons for the team's success'. Legal 500 EMEA, 2010 praises Andrew as being "a 'market leader' respected for ‘getting the job done with no fuss'." Andrew is also ranked by other leading law directories such as Expert Guides (Legal Media Group) Real Estate Lawyers and Best Lawyers International: Ireland Real Estate.